If you have an animal that has escaped from your property AND you reside within the Austin city limits, please call 3-1-1. If your property resides in Travis County, outside of the Austin city limits, please check with Travis County Animal Control.
For lost live stock please contact the Sheriff’s Office Estray Unit.
- How do I? -
Report a crime?
There are three ways to file a report to the Travis County Sheriff’s Office. If it is an emergency or happening right now call 911. If you would like to file a criminal report for something that has occurred in the past and is not an emergency call the 24 hour dispatch line at 512-974-0845 and pick option 3 to talk to a dispatcher and have a deputy dispatched to your location. Or you may choose to file a report via the Citizen’s Online Police Report link on the front page of this website.
Get a protective or restraining order?
You can obtain a protective or restraining order through the County Attorney.
Check on the status of my case?
To find out about the current status of a criminal report you have filed, please contact the appropriate Criminal Investigations Division at the following:
- Central Command (Child Abuse, Family Violence, Financial Crime and Major Crime cases) at (512) 854-9770
- East Command (crime that occurred EAST of IH35) at (512) 854-9721
- West Command (crime that occurred WEST of IH 35) at (512) 854-9728
Find out if I have a warrant?
Visit Warrants On the Web for any outstanding warrants.
Pay traffic tickets and fines?
Obtain crime statistics for my area?
To request crime statistics for you area, you can sign up to use Spot Crime or call Internal Affairs at: (512) 854-9718
-How do I?-
How can I check if someone is in jail?
To find out if someone has been booked in the Travis County Jail, you can call (512) 854-4180 or you can search for inmates currently in custody here.
Find out when bond will be set for an inmate?
Find out about jail visitation?
Send money to someone in jail?
Find out when an inmate’s court date is?
The jail does not provide court date and time information. Cases are forwarded to the judge, who set their own docket. You must contact your court-appointed or hired attorney to obtain court date and time information.
-How do I?-
Get a local background check (arrest history)?
Get a copy of an accident/incident report?
Get my fingerprints taken?
- How can I find out where convicted sex offenders reside in Travis County?
- How do I register as a convicted sex offender in Travis County?
- Where can I find the district office for where I live?
- How can I apply for employment?
- Where do I go to file civil process?
- How can I obtain an alarm permit application?
- How do I report illegal dumping in Travis County?
- My vehicle was towed. How do I get it back?
- How do I hire an off-duty officer?
- How do I request patrol of my house when I am on vacation?
- How do I report a complaint or commend exceptional service by a Sheriff’s Office employee?
- How do I contact other Travis County government agencies?