The Travis County Sheriff’s Office (TCSO) has ZERO TOLERANCE for all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment within its jail facilities. It is the policy of the Sheriff’s Office to respond to, and administratively and/or criminally investigate all alleged incidents of a sexual nature. Every reported incident of a sexual nature will be taken seriously, investigated fully, and appropriate action will be taken as warranted, according to federal PREA standards.
Reporting Sexual Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PREA 115.54)
Anyone may report incidents of a sexual nature which occur within the TCSO jail facilities.
Inmates may report incidents by:
- Telling any officer, staff member, volunteer or contractor. Everyone who may come into contact with inmates has been trained to respond appropriately.
- Writing to any staff member using the Inmate Request Form or Inmate Grievance process.
- Calling the PREA Hotline (toll free) at the phone number listed by all inmate phones in the jail.
- Calling confidentially to SafePlace (toll free) at 512-267-SAFE (7233).
Anyone outside the jail (family, friends, acquaintances) may report on behalf of any inmate by:
- Filling out a PREA Reporting Form at Visitation. (Ask any staff member for a form)
- Filling out a PREA Reporting Form online.