- Allare VS Schaefer
- Campbell VS Hernandez
- Cavendish VS Cummings
- Davis VS Thomas
- Delarosa VS Whitton
- Haney VS Blumberg
- Jones VS Wong
- Lefco VS Kirchner
- McWhinney VS Miramon
- Rico VS Schuneman
- Stovall VS Hope
- Toporek VS Bennett
- Vorpahl VS Horton
- Weems VS Vommaro
- Wilson VS Fowles
- Wolf VS Busby
- Zahn VS Smith
How am I Going to Be Judged?
Bouts are judged by three certified ringside USA Boxing Officials. Three 1-minute rounds with a 1- minute break between rounds. Each judge will independently score the merits of the two boxers using a scoring system based on the following equally weighted criteria:
- Number of quality blows on the target area
- Domination of the bout
- Technique and Tactics Superiority
- Non infringement of the rules
After each round, the judge must apply the following criteria to the score:
- Score a round 10 to 9 if it is a close round
- Score a round 10 to 8 if there is a clear winner
- Score a round 10 to 7 if there is total dominance
- Score a round 10 to 6 if one boxer is obviously overmatched
If you are losing the round but manage to score a knock down, the scoring is different. In a professional bout this would be a 10 to 8 score. However, under this scoring system, the judges take the total performance into consideration. Therefore you may not win the round if you were being out boxed during the majority of the round.
What Equipment will I need?
- Hand wraps (these will be provided on the day of the event)
- Protective Cups
- Breast Plates (for ladies)
- Mouth Piece (must NOT be red)
- Clear Water bottle for the event
Battle of the Badges will provide the following equipment to boxers selected to box in the event;
- Headgear (day of the event only)
- Gloves (day of the event only)
- Boxing Shoes (6 weeks prior to the event)
- Boxing Uniform (tank and shorts)
What about Safety?
Injury prevention is paramount and is accomplished through proper training, use of proper equipment,
qualified referees and boxing physicians.
Download USA Boxing Women's Medical Release.
Download USA Boxing Medical Certificate.
For more information or additional questions, please contact Tiffany Curnutt.
How do I apply and what are the requirements leading up to the event?
BOXERS may apply now through August 21, 2015. Application must be completed in full and returned to Art Cardenas at the Fit Pit, 2401 Thornton Road, Austin. Download the Boxer Application here.
Match Making Requirements:
- The Battle of the Badges Coaches and Team Captains will match 18 bouts based on age, weight and experience.
- There will be either 15 OR 17 bouts depending on how many matches make.
- Boxers must be within 10 – 15 lbs of their opponent's weight.
- The open category includes all boxers 19-40 yrs old.
- Masters category includes all boxers 41+. Boxers will only fight within their respective category.