Our mission is a commitment to professionalism, partnership and community.
Our vision is to exceed community expectations through exemplary service.
- Service- to prepare, provide and work for and with others in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Honesty - to be truthful and forthright in our thoughts, words and deeds.
- Embrace Diversity - using our differences to enhance our service to and with the community by respecting each individual.
- Respect - recognizing the value of each person and treating them with decency and dignity.
- Integrity - having the courage to do the right thing for the right reasons, even when it is unpopular or unpleasant.
- Full Accountability - being responsive and responsible for our actions.
- Firm Commitment - steadfast resolve and dedication to succeed.
Code of Ethics
As a Travis County Sheriff's Officer, my fundamental duty is to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all persons to liberty, equality and justice.
I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of the Office. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature, or what is confided in me in my official capacity, will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of duty.
I will not act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence, and never accepting gratuities.
I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of my calling. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession.