Quality of Life
Travis County and the surrounding communities continue to evolve. The area offers a quality of life that attracts new businesses and the lifestyle makes it one of the most desirable cities in the nation to live. The warm weather, national and local events and a strong education market make the Travis County Sheriff's Office a great place to start, grow and finish your career.
- Travis County has relatively mild weather throughout the year. While are summers are hot, with average temperatures in the upper 90s in July and August, the remaining months are comfortable.
- Locals have access to an active lifestyle with many trails, parks, public and municipal golf courses and lakes for kayaking, paddle boarding and boating.
- Travis County is home to a vibrant arts and music scene.
- There is always something to do with a large variety of events, festivals, outdoor activities, shopping and unique attractions. There are also plenty of free things to do every week!
- Surrounding communities such as Gruene, Fredericksburg and New Braunfels are perfect for day or weekend outings.
Cost of Living
Compared to similar metropolitian areas, Travis County offers a comparable, and often lower affordability rate. For a comparison, try out this cost of living calculator from the Austin Chamber of Commerce.
Travis County has many surrounding communities ranging from urban to rural for most any lifestyle and budget. Surrounding areas include: Austin, Bastrop, Buda, Cedar Park, Elgin, Hutto, Kyle, Manor, Pflugerville, Round Rock and San Marcos. DOWNLOAD AN AREA MAP!
- Austin Visitors Center
- City of Austin
- City of Bastrop
- City of Buda
- City of Cedar Park
- City of Elgin
- City of Hutto
- City of Kyle
- City of Manor
- City of Pflugerville
- City of Round Rock
- City of San Marcos